St. Francis Borgia Catholic School celebrates the Fine Arts by including the arts in our curriculum and extracurricular activities. Our programs are highlighted at the Fine Arts Festival each spring with an evening filled with student performances and a gallery of student artwork.
- Music class is part of the the curriculum for all of our 5K-8th grade students.
- 6th-8th graders can choose Band or Choir as an elective.
- Beginning in 4th grade, students can elect to participate in band. In addition to group instruction during the school day, both the beginning, advanced and jazz bands participate in concerts throughout the year.
- Upper school students participating in band instruction can also qualify for Solo and Ensemble competition.
- Students and SFB parish children can participate in the SFB Youth Choir when they enter 2nd grade. The choir performs throughout the community, at mass, and at several school concerts throughout the year.
- Upper school students may participate in chamber choir. The Chamber Choir members are also offered liturgical opportunities to join church choir, cantor, or serve as instrumentalist at school mass.
Drama & Theatre
- SFB showcases a school musical in the fall. This production features opportunities for students to participate as lead actors, chorus members or stage crew members.
- Art instruction is part of the regular curriculum and features interdisciplinary art units for students in 5K through 8th grade.
- Student art is displayed at our annual Fine Arts Festival and at various public art exhibit opportunities throughout the year.