At St. Francis Borgia Catholic School, all teachers are trained in and practice Differentiated Instruction within their classroom. This method of teaching encourages the use of technology as an essential tool. St. Francis Borgia Catholic School also uses Standards-Based Grading (SBG), which is an intentional way for teachers to track their students’ progress and achievements while focusing on helping students learn and reach their highest potential.
“St. Francis Borgia graduates are consistently high performers who have made a positive transition to our curriculum and academic program. In particular, SFB graduates regularly test into advanced math courses at a rate above other Catholic feeder schools.” – Dominican High School
Upper School / Middle School: 6th – 8th Grade
- Focus on developing leadership skills
- Spanish weekly, beginning in 4th grade
- Athletics available to student beginning in 5th Grade (cross country, basketball, volleyball, and track & field)
- 6th grade’s interdisciplinary Amazon Project combines Social Studies, Art and Spanish. Research the Amazon region in Social Studies. Create animals, plants and landforms for display in Art. Use Spanish vocabulary to label and explain the displayed features.
- Algebra is offered to qualified 7th and 8th grade students
- Geometry is offered to qualified 8th grade students
- Qualified 7th and 8th grade students are invited to participate in the Milwaukee Archdiocese Discovery Project. This project is facilitated through Milwaukee area Catholic High Schools.
- Junior high school experience in a smaller environment
- Small class sizes gives one-on-one attention to students
- Electives offer student-driven classes based on interests
- Upper school math program & independent study