At St. Francis Borgia Catholic School, all teachers are trained in and practice Differentiated Instruction within their classroom. This method of teaching encourages the use of technology as an essential tool. St. Francis Borgia Catholic School also uses Standards-Based Grading (SBG), which is an intentional way for teachers to track their students’ progress and achievements while focusing on helping students learn and reach their highest potential.
Elementary School: 1st – 5th Grade
- STEM curriculum in a designated STEM lab beginning in 5K
- Daily 5 provides a way for any teacher to structure literacy time to increase student independence and allow for individualized attention in small groups and one-on-one (5K-3rd)
- 1st graders explore new ways to learn math and science as “trainees” in a Math-A-Nauts unit
- 2nd graders immerse themselves in learning about the sacraments in preparation for receiving First Reconciliation in fall and First Holy Communion in spring
- 3rd graders develop skills in public speaking and confidence while preparing for a performance of “Fractured Fairytales”
- 4th graders use research, writing and organizational skills to study and report on a Wisconsin county
- 5th graders research, report on, and demonstrate an original invention they have created. All students and family members are invited to attend their final Invention Convention.
- Spanish integrated into the 4th-8th grade curriculum