Our 5K program is an integrated model that offers both an all-day and half-day option. It is based on interdisciplinary, thematic monthly units.
Monday through Friday (half or full day)
Full Day: 8:40-3:25
Half Day: 8:40-11:30
Daily academics form the foundation:
- Direct teacher instruction
- Integrated classroom use of iPads and SmartBoards
- Interactive activities such as rhyming games, storytelling, learning centers and hands-on activities
- Large and small group sessions that help improve social skills and enable teachers to differentiate instruction to meet individual needs
- Learning centers and enrichment activities
- Journal writing, art projects and other hands-on activities
Student Success Teachers provide support programs, team-teaching with classroom teachers, and small group pull-out sessions.
The focus of our curriculum:
- Language Arts
- Science/Social Studies
- Weekly special classes
- Field trips, special programs and other activities enhance the curriculum and help meet state standards.