At St. Francis Borgia, we believe that kindergarten should address all areas of development (social, emotional, physical and intellectual). Children are active learners: touching, trying, moving, talking, writing, drawing, questioning. Throughout the kindergarten day, children should have opportunities to explore, investigate, and predict. Our teachers strive to create a safe, supportive and welcoming environment within each classroom, helping children to be empowered, to feel valued, to be listened to, to be competent and successful in school.
Our 5K program is an integrated model that offers both an all-day and half-day option. It is based on interdisciplinary, thematic monthly units.
Monday through Friday (half or full day)
Full Day: 8:40-3:25
Half Day: 8:40-11:30
Daily academics form the foundation:
- Direct teacher instruction
- Integrated classroom use of iPads and SmartBoards
- Interactive activities such as rhyming games, storytelling, learning centers and hands-on activities
- Large and small group sessions that help improve social skills and enable teachers to differentiate instruction to meet individual needs
- Learning centers and enrichment activities
- Journal writing, art projects and other hands-on activities
Student Success Teachers provide support programs, team-teaching with classroom teachers, and small group pull-out sessions.
The focus of our curriculum:
- Language Arts
- Science/Social Studies
- Weekly special classes
- Field trips, special programs and other activities enhance the curriculum and help meet state standards.